• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Rss
  • Plus
Province of Ilocos Sur

22070380 10212794045278427 1302557762 o

Social Welfare

The Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office’s contribution to the alleviation of the slight disadvantaged and undeserved population sub-groups comes in the form of community based as well as institutions of center-based social welfare projects.

            As a result of the devolution, the Office is composed of a Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer and 17 staff.

            In 2010, the PSWDO reached out to 22,717 clients. The beneficiaries of the self-employment Assistance accounted for 52 percent of the total clientele. The remaining 48 percent are the clients/beneficiaries of counseling, relief, medical care and AICS services.

Social Services Offered and Number of Clientele Served,

Ilocos Sur: 2010 

Services Offered

No. of Clients/Beneficiaries Served

1. Emergency Assistance

15,842

2. Child and Youth Welfare

3,674

3. Women/Family Welfare

938

4. Elderly Welfare

1,200

5. Persons with Disabilities Welfare                            

1,020

  1. Population Development

43

T O T A L

22,717

       Source of Data: PSWDO, Ilocos Sur: 2010

           In 2010, there are 764 day care centers located in the province where 15,986 Day Care children are enrolled. There are still barangays without day care centers and these are located in municipalities of Banayoyo, Bantay, Burgos, Cabugao, Caoayan, G. del Pilar, Lidlidda, Magsingal, Nagbukel, Narvacan, Salcedo, San Ildefonso, San Vicente, Sta. Cruz, Santiago, Sinait and Tagudin.

            The provincial government through its radio program, Ilocos Sur Hotline is extending services to the needy and marginalized sector of the society. The program is run over radio station DWRS for the last 9 years, hosted by the governor with the heads of the different departments of the provincial government on hand to address the issues and problems presented by the people.

           

            To complement the social welfare services offered by the provincial government,the Caritas Nueva Segovia, a private charitable institution under the Archdiocese of Nueva Segovia is offering emergency relief assistance and medical care to indigents. There are also NGOs offering direct services to the needy population.

Number of Day Care Centers, Day Care Workers and Day Care Children,

Ilocos Sur: 2010

Municipality

No. of Day Care Centers

No. of Day Care Workers

No. of Day Care Children

1. ALILEM

15

15

279

2. BANAYOYO

10

10

309

3. BANTAY

26

16

661

4. BURGOS

22

22

575

5. CABUGAO

33

33

380

6. CAOAYAN

14

14

335

7. CERVANTES

31

31

549

8. GALIMUYOD

12

12

224

9. G. DEL PILAR

10

10

179

10. LIDLIDDA

9

8

195

11. MAGSINGAL

32

32

673

12. NAGBUKEL

12

12

197

13. NARVACAN

34

34

772

14. QUIRINO

18

18

305

15. SALCEDO

22

22

430

16. SAN EMILIO

13

13

273

17. SAN ESTEBAN

10

10

205

18. SAN ILDEFONSO

8

8

280

19. SAN JUAN

33

33

649

20. SAN VICENTE

4

4

156

21. SANTA

27

27

418

22. STA. CATALINA

10

11

236

23. STA. CRUZ

48

48

1,124

24. STA. LUCIA

35

35

1,074

25. STA. MARIA

32

32

676

26. SANTIAGO

17

18

245

27. STO. DOMINGO

36

18

364

28. SIGAY

8

7

144

29. SINAIT

38

38

512

30. SUGPON

7

6

170

31. SUYO

12

12

184

32. TAGUDIN

40

20

606

33. CANDON CITY

46

46

1,557

34. VIGAN CITY

39

39

1,024

35. WORKPLACE DCC

1

1

26

     TOTAL

764

715

15,986

Source of Data: PSWDO, Ilocos Sur: 2010

Top of Page